levels of headcanon:
- This is heavily supported by text/subtext and is likely what the creators intended for me to get from this
- this is sort of supported by the text and could, conceivably be what the creators intended for me to get from the text/subtext
- there is no evidence either way
- there is slight evidence against my headcanon, but I don’t care
- I’ve stopped giving a shit about canon
The proper way to read Devilman is to start with completely ironic intentions, and laugh at the ridiculousness and everyone’s beautiful faces. Then, realize you’ve grown attached to the characters, and somehow have gotten genuinely interested in the story. Finally, become upset when everyone dies, and become filled with eternal shame that you genuinely enjoyed Devilman.